Dog PAWty Schedule & Activity Registration-
How to Register Your Pet for an Event or Contest
- You must have ONE registration/waiver form completed for EACH dog that attends the WSCR Community Dog PAWty.
- Registration forms will be available on site, but don’t wait in long lines to register. You can download and print your registration here (link to be added).
- Fill out each form completely and be sure to sign (must be signed by an adult over 18 years of age).
- Bring your completed form to the REGISTRATION table to get your activity and contest tickets.
- You will receive one ticket for each activity/contest per dog.
- If you are entering the Best Dressed Dog Contest, or the Dog Dash Races, you must register at least 30 minutes prior to each contest.
- The contests have limited participants so entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Ongoing Events from 12:00 to 3:00 PM:
The “Bark Yard”, an Off Leash Dog Play Area: (the play area for LARGE dogs will only be open from noon to 2pm due to the Dog Dash Races)
- An opportunity for you and your dog(s) to come to a fenced, outdoor area to socialize with other dogs, and other people.
- If your dog is up to date on their vaccinations, is not displaying any symptoms (i,.e. kennel cough, diarrhea etc.), is not “in heat” and does not/has not displayed aggressive behaviour, he/she is welcome to attend.
- All dog owners must supervise their dog at all times – so you can’t leave him/her in the play area and take a look at the booths.
- Each dog owner is responsible for picking up after their dog if necessary, and intervening if there are any behavioural issues.
- ***Very important – do not feed your own dog, or any other dog, while you are in the play area. This may trigger aggression in some dogs.
- The number of dogs inside the Bark Yard at any given time may be limited.
Photo Booth tent:
- Get yourself and your dog dressed up in the supplied costumes and pose for a FREE Polaroid photograph that you can take home. Or get a photograph of you and your dog dressed up for the “Best Dressed Dog” Contest. One photo allowed per dog.
Bobbing for Hot Dogs:
- A version of “bobbing for apples” for Fido! See if your dog can nab those hot dog pieces out of the water! Did you know that hot dogs do NOT float? Start practicing now with your pooch so they can dive for those delicious snacks!
1:00 PM: Best Dressed Dog Contest
Location: Outside the Bark Yard.
How well can you and your dog impress the audience? Bring your dressed up dog to the PAWty and the best dressed will win a prize! Dogs must be dressed in a costume/outfit of any kind. Think Howl-O-Ween! Be creative but remember that costumes should both be fun and safe. To make the competition more interesting, owners are encouraged to dress in costume with their dogs.
- Register your dog at the Registration Table by 12:30pm.
- Limited to 12 contestants.
- Please arrive at the Bark Yard (see above) by 12:45pm.
- Voting by audience will occur at approximately 1:20pm.
- Prize to be announced at the show!
2:00 PM: The Dog Dash Races
Location: Inside the Bark Yard
Think your dog is fast and listens well? See if he/she can beat the neighbourhood PAWty dogs!
- Register your dog at the Registration Table by 1:30pm.
- Please arrive at the Bark Yard by 1:45 pm.
- Divided into several categories by breed and size of dogs registered.
- The Dog Dash will run in heats by category.
- Limited to 24 contestants total. Dogs will be assigned to categories at the event.
Participation prizes for everyone!
- Two handlers required for each dog contestant.
- Dog and one handler line up at starting mark. Second handler kneels at finish line. On a signal, the dogs are released. Second handler calls the dog and stands up as soon as their dog reaches them, and the leash is reattached.