Upcoming WSCR Events
Bow Trail Widening – City Information Session – March 22
The City of Calgary is reaching out to community groups and schools in the Bow Trail area to update us on a new transportation project, with construction on Bow Trail beginning in spring 2018.
The City is widening Bow Trail to two lanes in each direction, between 85th St. S.W. and Old Banff Coach Road (OBCR), including improvements to intersections and pathways. These upgrades improve how people travel in the area and between communities now and in the future; whether you drive, take transit, cycle or walk.
Come chat with us
The City’s project team is hosting an information session, where we’ll display the new Bow Trail design and provide a construction schedule update for the 2018 construction season:
Thursday, March 22, 6- 8p.m. @First Lutheran Church, 7102 14th Ave. S.W.
Can’t make it? The project web page has the latest information and updates: Calgary.ca/bowtrail-swrr.
Design highlights of the new Bow Trail
- Add eastbound lane and westbound lane, between OBCR and 85th St. S.W.
- Extend pathways on north and south sides of Bow Trail to OBCR and Strathcona Blvd.
- Reduce speed limit to 60km/hr on Bow Trail, providing a safer space to travel in the area.
- Install a pedestrian signal crossing at 77th St S.W. (approx. 800m, east of 85th St. S.W.)
- At Bow Trail/85th St. S.W. intersection:
- Install dual left-turn lanes all four directions
- Construct two through lanes in all four directions
- At Bow Trail/OBCR/Strathcona Boulevard intersection:
- Add a third left-turn lane, from southbound OBCR to eastbound Bow Trail
- Lengthen the two left turn lanes from westbound Bow Trail to southbound Strathcona Boulevard.
Construction: Spring 2018 – fall 2019
Before mid-April, we are removing a number of trees within the construction zone to make room for the new road and pathways. We will plant approx. 766 new trees along Bow Trail, where space allows, to replace the ones we remove.