Mobile Skatepark open at West Ridge School
In partnership with Calgary Parks and Recreation, we are offering a mobile skatepark from June 30 to July 26.
Hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Parking lot at West Ridge School, 8903 Wentworth Drive SW
Using the skatepark is free and it is open to skateboarders, inline skaters and scooter users of all ages. The park has a combination of roll-ins, fun-boxes with rails, pyramids with rails, grind-boxes, quarter pipes, wall rides, and half pipes.
Please review the City’s rules and safety items below before heading out to the park.
Mobile skatepark rules and safety
All participants are expected to respect and adhere to the rules and guidelines established by our skatepark staff. Parent/guardian signatures are required for participants under 18 years old. Waivers can be found below or at the mobile skatepark location. All ages welcome.
Please note bicycles and vehicles with motors are not allowed within our mobile skateparks.
When using our mobile skateparks you must follow these rules:
- Helmets are to be used and strapped at all times.
- Knee pads, wrist pads and elbow pads are recommended for beginners.
- Ramps can only be used during open hours and you must have a completed waiver to use them.
- Skate within your ability and respect others while in the park.
- Unacceptable behaviour and language will not be tolerated at the skatepark.
- Report all injuries to skatepark monitors.
Any infraction of the above rules can result in loss of all skatepark privileges.
This skatepark was made possible by support from the West Springs/Cougar Ridge Community Association, Calgary Parks & Recreation, Calgary Board of Education – West Ridge School, and sponsorship by Wentworth Family Dental and water sponsored by Alive Danceworks.