A top priority for the West Springs Cougar Ridge Community Association includes the health, safety and well being of our community members. As such, we are in the process of reviewing all of our current and upcoming programs to ensure they follow the recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and from Alberta Health Services (AHS).
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has outlined community-based measures to protect groups, employees and the population. These measures are relevant to all places where people gather, including community centres.
Additional information on COVID-19 can be found on the Alberta Health Services (AHS) website at: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page16997.aspx.
You can also refer to the Government of Alberta website as a source of information on COVID-19 at https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
The following are the AHS measures recommended to help reduce the spread of the virus:
- Use good hygiene practices, such as frequent hand-washing
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue. Dispose of tissues immediately and
wash your hands
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- Don’t share items that may have saliva on them such as drinking glasses and
- Clean high touch surfaces such as taps, door knobs and counter tops frequently
- Contact your primary health provider or Health Link by calling 811 if you have
questions or concerns about your health
Albertans who are currently travelling outside of the country are recommended to self-isolate on their return for 14 days, independent of the country they were visiting. Please visit the province’s website for more information at: COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Albertans are NOT recommended to travel outside of the country at this time.
West Springs / Cougar Ridge Community Association