? It’s PAWty Time! ?
Calling all dog owners and barking-mad dog lovers! Get your dog, or your friend’s dog, to bring you to our FREE event, the WSCR Dog PAWty: a mini-dog fest with fun activities for you and your four-legged friend(s). Food trucks will also be available!
Date: Saturday, September 17th, 2022 (rain date Saturday, September 24th)
Time: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Location: West Springs Church 816 78th St SW (77th Street and Weston Drive SW)
All ages are welcome to attend, but dogs must be accompanied by at least one two-legged over 18 years old.
This event is open to all communities, not just WSCR residents.
WAIVER / REGISTRATION FORM: Please help us out: To avoid long lineups at the event, please print off and complete the registration/waiver form here and bring it to the event. One form is required for EACH DOG participant. Forms will also be available at the registration table.
NOTE: This will be a very busy area with many people, dogs and new sounds, which may be very stressful for some dogs. Please consider carefully whether your dog(s) will cope well at this event.
For more information, please check out Freqeuently Asked Questions
Please post your pictures on our Facebook page or on Instagram using #wscrdogpawty and tag us @wscrca.
- Please WALK to the event, if possible, as parking is limited. Please be aware that some residents live further away and will not be able to walk.
- Street parking is available.
- Please DO NOT PARK in front of residences, driveways, bus stops, around corners, or in front of crosswalks.
VOLUNTEERS are needed for this event:
The events that the WSCR Community Association puts on for residents are solely brought to you by your friends and neighbours. The more residents that volunteer at this event and others, means that we are able to bring you more activities! Please sign up for volunteer positions (see below), or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like information about volunteering.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click to go to our volunteer signup page.
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account.)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – Signup.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
ACTIVITIES & CONTESTS
Contests are limited to 12 contestants so register early. Click here for full schedule and details.
ONGOING ACTIVITIES from 11:00am – 3:00p
- The Bark Yard: A pop-up, off-leash dog play area.
- Bobbing for Hot Dogs: A Fido version of “bobbing for apples”. Funded by The Twoof Fairy
- The Rover Photo Booth: A FREE photo booth for you and Rover to get dressed up and have a photo taken. One FREE picture strip per dog. Also take a selfie and post on social media #wscrdogpawty!
- The PAWty PAWsport: Get the answer to a question from each vendor booth to complete your event passport and enter the raffle for a prize. Raffle draw times will be held sporadically during the event
- Food Trucks: Several food trucks will be available for the community during this event.
DOG CONTESTS (Location: outside the front doors of West Springs Church)
- Longest Tail Contest: (12:00pm) Prizes donated by Global Pet Foods West 85th.
- Shortest Ears Contest: (12:45pm) Prizes donated by Homeward Bound Pet Food
- Owner Dog & Owner Dress Up Contest: (1:30pm) Prizes donated by Lara Mitchell, Royal LePage.
- Best Dressed Dog Contest: (2:15pm) Prizes donated by Give Love Pet Confectionary
Are you a pet business (Home businesses must have a valid business license) that may be interested in having a display booth at this event, and/or in funding an activity or contest? Please email email@example.com and we will send you the details. More coming soon so check back often!
WSCRCA SPONSORS: We sincerely thank the following sponsors of the WSCR Community Association for their support this year: