WSCR is pleased to once again offer the
Annual Preschool Learn to Skate program
at WinSport Arena/Markin MacPhail Centre
This is a great opportunity to introduce your preschool & kindergarten aged children to the ice in a fun learn to skate program (designed for ages 3-6) within a close community setting with certified coaches.
This program is only open to members at a cost of $20 per skater, per session (see dates/times below). Non-members $50 per skater per session. Each session includes 8 classes.
DID YOU KNOW that you do not need to live in the communities of West Springs or Cougar Ridge to become a member of the WSCRCA.
Not a member yet? Sign up here for only $25/year for the whole family. Join Now
Registration opens for members on September 3, 2022 at: https://wscr.ca/all-programs/
Space is limited and we expect it will fill up quickly, so don’t delay!
If you wish to register as a non-member: Please contact email@example.com
2022 FALL SESSION REGISTRATIONS
- Session 1: Preschool Skate FRIDAYS at 10:00 to 10:25AM – Sept 30, Oct 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 25, Dec 2. NO SKATING on Nov 11 (Remembrance Day) and Nov 18.
- Session 2: Preschool Skate FRIDAYS at 10:30 to 10:55AM – Sept 30, Oct 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 25, Dec 2. NO SKATING on Nov 11 (Remembrance Day) and Nov 18.
- Session 3: Preschool Skate MONDAYS at 1:15 to 1:40PM – Oct 3, 17, 24, Nov 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec 5. (NOTE: NO SKATING on Oct 10 (Thanksgiving) nor Oct. 31).
- Session 4: Preschool Skate MONDAYS at 1:45 to 2:10PM – Oct 3, 17, 24, Nov 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec 5. (NOTE: NO SKATING on Oct 10 (Thanksgiving) nor Oct. 31).
• Skaters can register for back-to-back sessions, if space is available
• Coaches recommend that first time skaters register in a single session only, as an hour ice time can be physically demanding
Mandatory for preschool skating participants:
- Skates and a CSA approved hockey helmet for each skater.
- A cage is required for skaters who cannot confidently skate forwards and backwards without support and without falling.
- Mitts/gloves are required; snow pants are strongly recommended
- Parents/Guardians with a helmet AND skates are welcomed on the ice to help their child. Please note that the helping adult needs to be a proficient skater
- Parents and participants should arrive 10-15 minutes early so kids are suited up and on the ice for their start time
A PARENT/GUARDIAN IS REQUIRED TO BE AT THE ARENA AT ALL TIMES. Failure to have a parent/guardian available may result in the child being unable to participate.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
As per the Government of Alberta, beginning Tuesday, March 1, 2022, face coverings will no longer be required for the public inside any of WinSport’s facilities. Guests are asked to be respectful of other guests or WinSport Team Members who continue to wear face coverings.
WinSport also reminds guests that if they are feeling unwell, they should not visit the park until they are feeling better.
All information is subject to change. Full details and most up-to-date WinSport guidelines can be found at https://www.winsport.ca/winsport-info/covid-19/
RINK ASSIGNMENTS: The WinSport Arena/Markin MacPhail Centre’s Rink Assignments are subject to change. There are 4 rinks and WSCRCA may be assigned to a different rink each week. Please check the board (TV display mounted overhead at the entrance at the elevators and at rink level) for the rink and change room assignments prior to each lesson.
Arena Parking Map
Purple: Coming from the top of the hill (Cougar Ridge) and traveling down WinSport’s West Track Service Road, the parking lot is located before the RFID gate on the left hand side. Once parked, walk past Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame and across Canada Olympic Dr SW to the entrance of Winsport Arena/Markin MacPhail Centre. Stairs and elevators are available to take you down to the rink level (Level 0).
Blue: Coming from the TransCanada Hwy, parking is available in several lots around the WinSport Arena/Markin MacPhail Centre. The Player’s Lot is the closest and at rink level.
There will be no refunds issued unless the program is full and the vacancy can be filled by a participant on the waitlist. Registrations are non-transferable. Withdrawal/Refund requests must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Refund Policy: Full refunds will be issued if the season is canceled prior to its start date due to Government and/or Health Authority restrictions.
For additional information, please contact our volunteer organizer Kimberly at email@example.com.